Thursday, August 16, 2012

Eid holidays


photo credit
 Tomorrow I'm heading to Beijing and Mongolia! I know, Mongolia, really!

This weekend is the end of Ramadan, which is celebrated with the Eid ul-Fitre festival, which means public holidays for me! And as mostly everything in the 'desh shuts down for the week, it was a good excuse to have a refreshing break outside the country. Annnnnd, I got really cheap tickets Dhaka-Beijing, so why not?

Since I'm in the area (well, a 30 hour train ride away kind of area) I thought I'd also do some Mongolian exploring! Ok, I'll be honest, the picture above was the deciding factor - isn't it the cutest!

And to top it off, when I return in two weeks my lovely Stateside friends will be back in Chittagong. It's been a looong monsoon season with less than a handful of other foreigners staying around for it. So adventuring and new friends back in town, yes please!

1 comment:

  1. Travel safely, Bridget. We look forward to your impressions of Beijing, the train and whatever you're able to see of Mongolia. Having colleaues to host you will make such a difference. One of Dad's colleagues suggested you might like to write for National Geographic as you have beautiful photos and such readable blogs. Another challenge to think about. Meanwhile, have a good, safe trip. Love, Mum xx

    ReplyDelete