Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Goodbye Tasmania (and bacon!)

Hello internets, after a two year hiatus from Bridget's Adventures, I'm back! This is a new blog for a new adventure... in 11 hours I'm moving to Bangladesh!


I am heading to Chittagong, Bangladesh to work with World Vision Bangladesh, volunteering for a year as a Water and Sanitation Officer, you can view what I'll be up to here (Intake 33, Country: Bangladesh).

As well as madly running around packing and stocking up on gastro medication, I've spent my last day in Hobart enjoying wearing a short skirt, driving without the use of a horn, drinking tap water and walking the street in anonymity! Goodbye Hobart and western life!

Bangladesh is a majority Muslim country, which means the corner shop doesn't stock pork. So in 2012 I'm also saying goodbye to bacon! (I'll keep you updated as to the quality of the local "facon" substitutes!)

So goodbye personal space, goodbye homeland, goodbye lovely friends & family.

But tomorrow: hello Bangladesh!

2 comments:

  1. Hello adventure! So proud of you Bridge! Hang on, I should pretend I'm a person you don't know in real life, shouldn't I?! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you already. Enjoy the virtual bacon dust! Can send more. Lots of love xxxx

    ReplyDelete