Monday, June 11, 2012

Chicken-Fish

So I thought that I should stop by and let you know that no, I'm not dead, I've just had a horrendously horrid week of sickness. And to be honest, I did feel pretty close to death most of the week! 

I was in Dhaka last Sunday and somehow contracted a horrible fever/ headache/ dizziness/ sore muscle combo. After day 3, I had blood tests to check it wasn't malaria or typhoid (it wasn't), even though it felt worse! Then on the weekend when the fever was slowly disappearing my body breaks out in the itchiest rash thing - I was defeated!

So in the midst of all that, I took no photographs, and  had nothing nice to say about this country that made me so sick, so the poor blog was neglected!

So the pic below is to make up for it. This is what I received when I ordered a 'Chicken a-la-kiev' from my hotel in Dhaka. I now right?!? An actual chicken kiev, and a mashed potato fish! It was so jaw droppingly magical that I asked the chef to come out to congratulate him!!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    (The chicken dish looks good too.)

    RJT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please put this one on Facebook, so I can share it? I am glad you look well in the photo. I was worried you were going to illustrate the story with closeups of the rash. Love, Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bridge, you poor poppet! That moment of utter travel exhaustion is horrid - it can be the littlest of things in the scheme of awfully big things that finally does it...like you've done, if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all! Oh man, that chicken makes up for it all though! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete