Saturday, May 26, 2012

Home sweet home!

Bangladesh is a land of contrasts. There are very poor, and there are very rich. My hood in Chittagong, Khulshi, is the fancy part of town. Some days I feel guilty, but to be honest, most days I'm just very relieved and grateful! 

The best thing about our apartment is the location. It is next to a big green hill and it is QUIET! No horns, no sirens, and it is the only place in Chittagong that I've actually been able to hear birds chirping! And for me here, that is bliss!

The apartment complex (we're on the second floor!)

Entrance foyer

Lounge/ dining room

Spare lounge room. Otherwise known as the bowling alley.

 The kitchen

Our Eastern toilet! (it's ok, we have 4 other western ones)

My bedroom!

My en-suite (yep, we all have them!)

View from my bedroom window. Green!! No people!!

View from our stairwell. The neighbourhood kids are playing cricket every arvo!

 Views from our roof.

 As I mentioned here furnishing our apartment has been a bit of a trial! And a month in, the place is still looking pretty empty! But off-white bare walls or not - it's home! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bridget!! This blog is awesome! we love following your adventures and we're so thankful for the work you're doing over there, even though we miss you! we'll continue praying for you :)

    love, The Markhams xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Markhams!
    Thanks for commenting! It's fun to find out that people are reading and it's not just sitting out there in cyber space! ;) Thanks for your prayers! Miss you all!!
    Love Bridge x

    ReplyDelete