Monday, May 14, 2012

World Vision Bangladesh 40th Anniversary

Last Thursday, World Vision Bangladesh celebrated their 40th anniversary! And I was apart of the celebrations! There was a big official celebration in Dhaka, and then each of the Area Development Programs had their own celebration, I joined with the Chittagong ADP. 


Apart from seeing my colleagues dressed in their gorgeous saris (I went with borrowing my housemate Katie's flashy Shalwar Kameeze number), the most memorable and moving part of the day was having some of the World Vision sponsor children and WV initiated Community Based Organisation there! 

I actually got a little teary as the gorgeous children got up and performed dances and music items for the entertainment. They were so amazing! Kids from 8-16 danced, sang songs and played instruments. As well as going to school, World Vision has a cultural program for their sponsor children, and to see the kids on stage was so moving! Their lives and future really have been transformed!



(This is me with the Chittagong ADP sponsor kids who were there. Gorgeous! and oh so sweet!)

I had only been at work a week, but I treated as an honoured guest! I was specially introduced and seated with the government officials, I was even asked to make a speech! I'm pretty sure about 80% of the audience couldn't understand a word I was saying, but it was fun! and humbling to be apart of it.


 Here are the ladies of the World Vision Chittagong ADP 

 The whole World Vision Chittagong ADP team!



Oh, and after lunch, I tried PAAN!  A little strange - but thankfully no red mouth stains!


I am so excited to be contributing in a small way in the coming year!
Congratulations World Vision Bangladesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment