Monday, October 22, 2012

Eid #2


photo credit 
It's Religious festival central here in Bangladesh in the coming weeks. The Muslims are celebrating Eid #2 (Eid-al-Adha officially) and the Hindus are celebrating Durga Puja. And I am celebrating having a few days off work :)

I'm sad to be missing the colour and animal sacrificing on the streets of Chittagong for the festival week, but the call of the Mountains is too strong! Yes, I using my four days off and the weekend and heading to Nepal! Ahhhhh. Mount Everest out of the plane window here I come!

It's just a short break, but the plan is to use my new found fitness (ha!) to spend a few days trekking in the Shivapuri National Park, and also a few days exploring Kathmandu and the markets! Yey! And the really good news? I just checked the weather forecast for the next week and it's sunny, Max 28 Min 10 pretty much the whole week! I'm excited for some sunshine on my (always salwar kameez covered) snow-white legs and cool evenings! Hooray!

And since good news is better when there is more of it, when I return to the 'desh next Sunday it's only 3 more sleeps until my gorgeous friend Lindsey is coming to visit! Coming to visit you in Chittagong, Bangladesh? Yes, i know! She's fabulous.

Eid Mubarak!

2 comments:

  1. SO EXCITED! I think the pacing from my packing pile to the other side of the house and back is slowly driving Ned insane...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoy reading your blogs, Bridget! You are a great writer & photographer - you should so publish a book!!! So good to hear you're going well :) have a wonderful time in Nepal! Safe travels & God bless, love Ali Richardson xxoo

    ReplyDelete